Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's time for dinner now let's go eat

Church today.

3.75 hours, seriously.

Just the service.

Entirely in Romanian.

I'm proud to say, I didn't fall asleep once.

Afterwords, we took Vasille and Ivan out to eat. Guess where? That's right, McDonalds. I am about McSick of the Golden Arches. The good news is we made some great contacts with people at the church. It is amazing how suffering brings people together. We'll be able to get our guys some English classes. It will cost around $100 each month for six of them to have two classes a week. Anybody interested in helping some boys learn English?

This week the guys will be showing me the bed-making process and we will be putting together some wardrobes that were donated to the orphanage by a relief organization. It will be our first time to do physical work together. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully, I'll look like I know what I'm doing.

We also get to do some pretty fun stuff tomorrow. We'll be distributing the rest of the new winter coats provided by EMI CMG to about 475 kids (we will have provided over 1000 new coats this Christmas). Handing those coats out is a pretty awesome experience. Cheers to EMI for doing some good in this world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for sponsoring the guys for the English classes. Do you want people to donate a month or what? Let me know how this works and I am willing...
I can feel your pain with the Mc food... It is bad enough here at home (except for the fries!)
Only read the instructions to the wardrobes only after you can't figure out where all the pieces go! HA! Isn't that the way it is done?
Tell my boys hello and I love them. How is Eugen doing?
Love to you!
Linda

Clint said...

hey, put me on the list as well. i won't be able to give a full 100 in a single payment, but i'm more than willing to give what i can.