Saturday, January 21, 2006

rachel ray on 40 lei a day

Action shopper. Oh how I love grocery stores. Look at the determination on my blurred face. Yes, I will find my sustenance and you will not stop me. You will stop me with neither your fancy four spinning wheeled carts nor your languages, however foriegn to me they are. Contain me, perhaps. Stop me, never.

I will eat your Russian cereals, I will complete the maze on the back and pretend to understand the nutritional facts on the side as I determine whether or not they should be a part of my new healthy lifestyle complete with delicious European chocolates. I am happy that I am receiving 10 BNTAMNHOB N MNHEPAROB with every loving bowlfull (the 'N's are supposed to be backwords, if you're having trouble with the pronunciation). They will serve me well this day, I know this thing to be true.

Hide your eggs, I will find them.

7 comments:

Heather said...

T.W...
Soon you'll be writing about the joys of box milk and live meat...it'll be grand to read about.

Proverbs 1:7.

La Reverdre (sp?)

ps...love the blog title

t.w.bedi said...

i'm assuming this is heather proctor. i want you to know how much i loved my scarf. it was perfect, even glorious. i cherished and bragged about it. it was a masculine scarf, one i could be proud to wear. one i would still wear proudly if it had not been stolen from me on my fourth day here. it is keeping somebody warm. and if i ever find that somebody, you best believe there will be a reckoning.

Anonymous said...

Watch That American waistline with those European chocolates! They are not compatible in any language, tasty as they may. Calories are universal, unfortunately! Yo Momma

Anonymous said...

I miss you terribly. Hope you are well. Saw Torti tonight.

I got the Rachel Ray reference.

Do you have an email address?

Love Huey

houstonestes@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

By the way, Merton was a catholic. Shouldn't put much stock in what he says.

h.e.

Anonymous said...

yep, merton didn't really like protestants all that much and bonhoeffer tried to kill Hitler. we aren't all perfect. some of us are, such as yourself of course, but not all. good to hear from you, i'll send you an email. i'm glad somebody got the rachel ray reference. i'm doing my best to be clever here. you are loved. Godspeed

Seth said...

this post was glorious.