Tuesday, March 28, 2006

March Rationality

Yes indeed, March has, sadly, lost its madness. The college basketball tournament is missed as were the super bowl, national championship and every moment of olympic curling.
Insert moment of silence here.

Thank you.

Today Dorel and I had a riveting conversation with a guy about some heating/cooling units for the transitional living house.

Jealous?

Well, in about a week we should get the estimate. Sounds good, right?
Let me translate some Moldovan for you. One week = Two to three weeks.
I’ve got my fingers crossed. The guy who helped us seemed pretty professional though.

Tomorrow I’ll start the day working with the guys. We’ll eat lunch at the worm cantina. After lunch I’ll ride a marshuka back across town to, hopefully, shower and meet Dorel to go talk to a guy about a gate and fencing. After that meeting, I’ll try to go back across town to meet back up with the guys to go with them to English class. Then I’ll sit for a couple of hours, try not to fall asleep and help the guys with pronunciation.

As for now, I got some cards to play. Dane, Matthew, Jamie and I have developed an intense gambling habit. For those of you who have supported my coming here I want to say thank you. I would also like to ask for more money. You see, I’m dead broke. But, I’ve got a hot streak coming. I can feel it.

Jen if you’re reading this, I owe you an apology. I kind of lost the house in a bet over a stray dog fight. I could have sworn this dog was a winner. He was ferocious and so much bigger then the other dog. I know, I know. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, blah, blah, blah.

I’ll win it back. I promise. And my shoes too.

(Author's note: I don't really have a gambling problem. I mean it. I've got it perfectly under control. Who do you think you are? Always judging, always watching. Enough! I don't need your help. I don't need anybody's help.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buster, you're going to have to see if that guy living on the boarded up side can take you in and give you a few limestone blocks to sleep on.....

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you still have a sense of humor. IT will get you through. You sound very busy-impressive. Look the dogs over better next time. Praying Diana

Heather said...

go george mason! :)

Anonymous said...

Nana would be proud! I'm sure she will have a few good Bingo cards to share and a prime spot to sit at the bingo hall. Love, Yo Momma