Thursday, February 16, 2006

.... a winter wonder-why-is-it-so-cold-land?

I thought that I would load some pictures I took of the wintery surroundings since I haven't included many pictures recently. Hopefully these pictures will capture a little of my blustery surroundings. They will give you just a taste of the things I face on a day to day basis. I'll try to get some pictures of the guys soon. Just understand that I am in no way shape or form a photographer. Quite frankly I'm just happy my thumb isn't in any of these.

the never moving truck: it is always there, like God. only God works. it is a limited metaphor.

half of my slippery slope: i must trek up and down this every day to get anywhere, this is the halfway point. it be dangerous.

death sickles: these are little ones. seriously, they'll kill you. we're looking at about a 4-5 foot average there.

not so much the heat as it is the humidity: miles to go before i sleep. i gots to walk a lot. things freeze in my beard.
mysterious rusty gate: who knows what monster lives behind this, i hear it growling every time i pass it. i think it be pretty all rusty and such
bumbles: suspicious, i climbed the gate and find a loveable, yet likely dangerous, snow yetti

i shant fear: luke skywalker got my back. he keeps bumbles the yetti in line with his light saber as he rides his trusty taun taun.

Well I hope that sheds a little light on the weather conditions. I got a little sloppy with my English back there. I apologize.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only you had a trusy taun taun to help you get around. Especially with your propensity to fall down. Try the old Agador Spartacus approach - "I do not wear shoes, because they make me fall down." Oh, but wait, isn't that what had you seeing stars in the first place?

Dig the Robert Frost reference.
Love, yo sistah

Leslie said...

Are you sure no one lives in the big truck? Awesome picture taking. Should I sign you up at Glamor Shots when you get back? Stay warm!!

t.w.bedi said...

for the record, kate, i do not have a propensity to fall down. it has happened once. and if you know where a guy can get a taun taun, i'm all ears.

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Awesome shots of the hill and street between Sasha's and Lucia's and the IMB house. That was where we invented the Moldovan Rickshaw(sp?)last summer. It is great to see the treacherously slippery hill by the dump. On the way up stick to the left and crossover at the end of the car ramp on the left(or it might be the rusty car hull, I can't remember). You should be able to get some good traction on the sides that way. Then again, you still need the dancing lessons! Good luck with that. :-)

It is amazing and comforting to hear that you see the fight and hope in Ivan's eyes. Each of the boys have it, but some just need that extra nudge to let you see it. You are doing wonderful things in His name. Keep the pics and stories coming.

The Polar Bear Baptist with a knot on his head.