Friday, March 07, 2008

no more kangaroos, after this

my glorious and illustrious run in australia comes to a close today. we'll be heading to the airport and from there, the soloman islands- which denzel washington has promised to be hotter then vanuatu. i will get a picture of denzel for all you ladies and andy, excuse me, andrew bedi (perhaps denzel washingtons biggest supporter due to denzel's extremely diverse acting roles).

the trip is very tiring. we are always on the go, always on the move. the second you get comfortable at a place, when you have become comfortable with the people you've just met is the same second you are getting on a plane and probably not seeing them again.

i may or may not have much time in the next couple of weeks for updates. we're going to the sticks, the island version. i'll do what i can to update things.

i also need to keep a low profile for a while. the australian government is none too pleased about my underground kangaroo fighting empire i've spent the last weeks growing. typical. why has everybody got to hold you down?

i have had some really good conversations and have seen some really amazing things. i simply don't have the time to get it down. but if you are concerned that this blog will become only about kangaroos and the underground fighting circuit i am caught up in, don't worry. my love for kangaroos will not die, but will be dormant as i leave this majestic land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or Denzel's diverse movie box cover photos.

42

WHAT'S IT LIKE TO BE YOU? said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I was drawn here by my Google alert set for "Solomon Islands." Turns out I've been to the Cooks as well. Both gorgeous places and full of friendly people.

And then you write about My Dinner With Andre! Oh my, that's one of my absolute faves. Glad to see you can appreciate it too. Not everyone's cup of tea, including my wife's.

Take care for now. This is Ben in Chicago. (Daughter Valerie is currently studying in your home state at O'More College of Design in Franklin, outside of Nashville.)

Rock on. And out.