Wednesday, August 16, 2006

spam and the spirit

I'm very tired, my trend of the past couple weeks. The great news is that I've had all the energy I've needed. I like how Paul says it in Colossians 1.29 "For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me." In Romans 8.11 it is put this way, "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you." It is nice to have those promises and the assurance that God provides those who are working at serving Him with the energy they need. And it is his energy. We don't have to manufacture it. We don't have to produce it with Red Bull or coffee or the Moldovan energy drink Spam (i've not yet had this even though I love Spam). God's got it for us and He is willing to give it to us in good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, poored into our laps. All this is ours if we will only give and give more than we can.

No comments: