Wednesday, February 22, 2006

i'm really tired

Alright, so I'm wearing out a little bit. Today was one of those days that should have frustrated me. I woke up unnaturally early. But it wasn't an awake awakening, if you pick up what I'm laying down. It was a more of a zombie-like state than anything. I could carry out basic functions such as standing, meandering, scratching, squinting, moaning and of course groaning. I decided I would enjoy some cereal this fine morning, which was still dark.

Enter Russian cereal.

I've blogged about these fine Russian cereals before. They are certainly growing on me. Today's cerial was the Russian cocoa puffs: "Start!.....Chocolate Balls ."

Needless to say, I was excited about this breakfast. I mean, who wouldn't be? So I open the box to find a perfectly clear bag. It looked so pure, like a cereal should look. There was no need to hide these chocolate balls in something more opaque.

So I poor my bowl. I delicately maneuver the balls into my preferred cereal formation. For those of you who don't know, I am very particular with how I eat my cereal. I like to have a dry side. I'll sort of wedge the cereal to the side of the bowl away from me. This gives me a shallow side in front of me. I'll only poor milk on the shallow side. This allows me to have better control on how soggy/unsoggy my cereal will be towards the end. Heck, I haven't eaten dinner yet. I'll eat a bowl and take some pictures. Just a second.
What you'll need:

bowl and spoon

milk, or what we call lapte (translates: strange milk in a box)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet "Smart." I'd also like you to note the exciting back of this box. Fun will ensue as I build a little start factory complete with trees.

Step 1: poor favoring side away from you. yes, i leave in the spoon.

step 2: poor lapte only on side closest to self being careful not to spill.

step 3: using spoon begin tapping down cereal as you start enjoying. as you eat, cereal from under the dry side should start filling in wet side. if you have trouble you can use the spoon to retrieve cereal from underneath dry side to the wet side. repeat this process as many times as it takes.

step 4: towards the end of the bowl the dry wall is still effective. however, in about two spoon fulls i will begin to soak all chocolate balls. from then on it is a free for all. i'll usually end the bowl by gently placing to my mouth and drinking the excess milk, which, in this case, was delicious chocolate lapte.

Okay, so that is basically how I eat cereal. Like I said I'm tired. I really have no idea what this post is about or where I was going with it.

Well, all day things kind of went wrong to go right. I wake up really early and get to enjoy some delicious Russian chocolate balls. There were other things that went poorly today, but most of them ended up being overshadowed by something else. So I guess that is a good day.

Russian cereal and Jesus make me happy, but not in that order.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well that was interesting, I will have to remember that when I eat cereal again. You are tired go to bed.
diana

Anonymous said...

Awww, I have flashbacks of little Tim sitting on the floor in front of the TV set (fruitville pike house with the country cross stich wallpaper) with the gallon on milk on one side, box of cereal on the other and one of mom's serving bowls poised in your lap, filled to the brim with cereal.

I'm glad you have found acceptable russion cereals to appease your delicate palette for breakfast food delights. Have you found anything to substitute for Pop Tarts?
love ya still,
yo sistah

Anonymous said...

Folks, all I did was birth this child; as far as I could tell he had a happy childhood. I don't know if this cereal thing comes from genetic material, because it certainly isn't from my genetic pool! All I can say is, I tried my best; you moms know what I'm talking about! Yo Momma

Heather said...

TW...i'm not typically one to say "i told you so" but...I told you you'd soon be writing about boxed milk. :) And true to other comments, I enjoyed reading about it.
H

Emily said...

Cereal happens to be one of my favorite foods, so I can relate. I've always had to eat cereal quickly as to avoid the onslaught of sogginess. I think your technique might just change my life. I'll try it out and let you know.

In the meantime, you should give serious thought to creating your own cooking show. What's next...how to fix the perfect PB&J?

Anonymous said...

Not pb&j.... Cinnamon Toast.
Tim's favorite food is cinnamon toast. He has a select way of preparing it as well.

Leslie said...

Cinnamon Toast is an art Tim. There is only one way to prepare it. All others just don't measure up.

Anonymous said...

Hi. That was great. I never have milk on my cereal because i HATE really soggy cereal. But now with your step by step instructions, I feel confident that I too can once again enjoy cereal- the way it was meant to be.

Mary- Heather's roommate... I don't even know you- but I've enjoyed reading your entries.